Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii Experience
See all the top sights of Hawaii on this Paradise Helicopter tour departing from the Kona International Airport! Soar around the island seeing spectacular aerial views of any current activity at Kilauea, an active Hawaii volcano, the north side of the island’s tropical rainforests, lush valleys and cascading waterfalls. See the contrast of the black lava fields and blue waters of the Pacific over the Kona Coast’s resort areas too!
- Fly over historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, waterfalls, rainforests and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the other passengers. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A Capacity Surcharge is required for
passengers weighing between 266 lbs and 300 lbs (120-136 kg) at
check-in. A window seat is guaranteed with the Capacity Surcharge.
If you did not select the Capacity Surcharge and weigh between
these amounts at check-in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 300 lbs (136 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
Big Island Waterfalls
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- All guests must be one of the following:
A Hawaii resident with state ID who either A) has not been out of state in the last 10 days, or B) has arrived to the current island directly from the mainland within the last 10 days and can show documentation of negative COVID-19 test result or of COVID-19 vaccine clearance, accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii
A visitor who has either A) quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or B) who can show documentation of negative COVID-19 test result accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii, or C) who can show documentation of COVID-19 vaccine clearance accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii.
Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination can be provided via one of the 3 documents below which needs to be uploaded to Safe Travels Hawaii account prior to traveling to Hawaii:
1. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card -or-
2. VAMS (Vaccination Administration Management System) printout -or-
3. DOD DD Form 2766C
Passengers age 5 years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft. Guests flying on our doors-off flights must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight. Due to close proximity, we may request that any guests seated in the copilot seat must wear an N95 type mask (we will notify you upon confirming your booking and remind you before check-in.) If we provide ground transportation for guests, we require guests to wear a face mask at all times.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 301 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours total flight time
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.